Keeping children safe in the rainy season
Indeed, the rainy season has its blessings, but it also brings along humidity, mosquitoes, seasonal diseases, making your child more susceptible to illness during this time. While it's not possible to completely get rid of these risks, one can still take a few steps to keep your children safe:
- Equip your children with Proper Rain Gear: Umbrellas, raincoats and wellingtons are the full proof baggage required.
- If raining, ensure your children are always under a shelter.
- Do not let children play in the rain.
- Get rid of all stagnant water.
- Use mosquito repellents that are safe and effective for your child and use a mosquito bed net when sleeping.
- Always disinfect outdoor toys to prevent infections.
- Ensure that the children wash their hands regularly to kill germs.
- Always ensure that you have safe drinking water (if not, always boil drinking water before use).
- Give your child healthy foods that are rich in vitamin C and other foods which will boost their immune system.
- Let your child take a shower after getting wet in the rain, it helps the body by stabilizing the cold temperature and brings it back to normal.
- Keep your children’s feet dry all the times, if possible make them wear socks inside the house
For security related inquiries, contact SGA Intelligence Unit on: firstname.lastname@example.org